Wednesday, March 18, 2020
New Quarantine Hobby: Painting
paint lounge (I painted a happy robot), I decided to take up painting. We bought over $200 worth of acrylic painting supplies at currys: paint, canvas, practice paper, and brushes.
- I need to set the paper higher on the easel, bending over for an hour+ makes my back hurt! Ideally it's only a bit short of eye-level, I think. Also we need proper tarps and I need some paint clothing or coveralls (though I did miraculously not get any on me this time, I doubt my luck can hold).
- We need smaller brushes; the smallest brush we have still makes lines which are ~4mm wide, so detail is just impossible. Fortunately I know that I have a huge collection of brushes in the garage *somewhere* from my former "Machina Lisa" watercolorbot phase (I made the robot paint the Mona Lisa, very badly, over and over again with parameter variations, it was entertaining), and many of them are tiny, so I just need to spend 2+ hours turning the garage upside down... probably a good project for this quarantine time anyway!
- It's important to think very carefully about what's to be painted first. There were some objects which should be partially behind other objects, and that means you have to paint them first, because you can't add them later and actually have it look correct, especially not with these battleship brushes which can't do detail! Also in sequencing, it's very important in some cases to let the previous layer DRY before starting on the thing above or beside it. Sometimes it's ok to get some mixing due to things not being dry, but other times it's super bad!
- It's great to follow a picture of what you want to paint; and I was correct that choosing something high contrast makes for at least a potentially good painting, even if my amateur mistakes clearly left it sad if you look too closely. Overall I'm super happy with how this second painting turned out. Great start :-)
- more coronavirus's, obviously. There are a lot of awesome looking images out there, and many of those images are stunning & high contrast
- more happy robots!
- spaceships and planets! Maybe a Falcon Heavy?!?
- perhaps a streetscape (from my balcony) or skyline of the city, though I feel like that might require a lot more skill than I have or am likely to develop
- Absolutely no 'landscape pastorals' or self-portraits! Well, maybe one, just to be ironic about it :-)
- Other crazy ideas as suggested by my family and friends
Informative stuff. Actually, I'm also a student and find out the solved or answers to my syllabus questions & landed here. The result is instructive: As far as the French have used this lineserved.com test should only be given to students three or four years older. Its a fact you have also shared an enjoyable and informative piece of content here. Anyways, thanks for sharing the nice piece of stuff with us.
Please bear in mind an essential reality about on line casino gambling—it’s one other type of leisure for the adult population. Most gamblers enter a on line casino believing that they will not't} walk away a winner. They are there to enjoy the thrill received by placing one thing of worth in jeopardy on an unpredictable consequence. How then does this frequent mathematical benefit apply to the actual situation on the sport itself? Basically, no matter the place you wager your chips (bar the five-number wager), 봄비벳 the house benefit stays the identical.Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]